Our series on Saturday, April 4 featured a team of teachers who covered what you need to know to plan and produce effective virtual lessons. This content is transferrable to all CTE content areas.
Learn how to create impactful CTE experiences for your students when you’re no longer teaching in the traditional brick and mortar school. As schools are quickly moving to virtual, teachers are facing new challenges, from choosing the right platform to keeping students engaged online to delivering content in limited technology situations. To help teachers sharpen their skills, NCHSE and our teacher organization, HSEA held a Virtual Ed Camp, a series of eight free 30 minute educational help sessions.
- 1:30 — Google, Take The Wheel! — Rhonda Evatt
- 37:23 — Rockstar Pre-Recorded Lessons — Karen Edwards
- 1:10:34 — Google Drive: Your Keys to Collaboration — Melissa Sparks
- 1:35:55 — Digital Lesson Plans (Tes Teach with Blendspace) — Linda Wirt
- 2:09:19 — Anatomy of Online Lesson Planning — Katrina Haynes
- 2:32:47 — Online Problem-Based Learning — Aide Gonzalez
- 3:05:02 — No School, No Technology, No Problem! — Stacie Elwood
- 3:42:43 — Free iPad/iPhone Apps: Use with Distance Learning to Supplement Your Curriculum — Maggie Cox
1. Google Take The Wheel – Rhonda Evatt
2. Make Rockstar Pre-Recorded Lessons – Karen Edwards
3. Google Drive: Your Keys to Collaboration – Melissa Sparks
4. Digital Lesson Plans (Tes Teach with Blendspace) – Linda Wirt
5. Anatomy of Online Lesson Planning – Katrina Haynes
6. Online Problem-Based Learning: Preparing Students for a Problem Based World – Aide Gonzalez
7. No School, No Technology, No Problem! Lesson Plans Using Limited Technology – Stacie Elwood
8. Free iPad/iPhone Apps: Use with Distance Learning to Supplement Your Curriculum – Maggie Cox
App Smashing in Health Science with some free app suggestions and student examples. Presented at National ACTE Vision 2017 by Maggie Cox.